The hearing dates for the Anti-Boycott Bill have been set. They are as follows:
- House Bill 949: Tuesday February 28th 1pm or later. (Room 241, Taylor House Office Building, 6 Bladen St, Annapolis, MD 21401)
- Senate Bill 739: Wednesday March 1st 2:30 pm or later. (Room 3 West, Miller Senate Office Building, 11 Bladen St, Annapolis, MD 21401)
Do you want to come testify in Annapolis on these bills? We highly encourage it.
If so, please indicate your RSVP by entering your name here.
Here are some things you should be aware of:
- You should arrive in Annapolis at least 30 minutes before the hearing.
- You must bring your drivers' license with you to pass through the security checkpoint. Without your driver's license you won't be allowed to enter the building.
- The hearings start at 1pm and often stretch for hours. They are unbounded. They frequently go till 6pm. We don't know when our bills will be called. So you will probably have to wait a very LONG time. Be prepared for that. Bring a book or a tablet/laptop. They have free, public Wi-Fi.
- After all that waiting, you will be given only 2 minutes to testify. Make it worth it. :) It's best to have some prepared bullet points to guide your testimony. We should coordinate with each other so that we get all our points across.
- Park your car at this nearby hourly parking garage: 25 Northwest St, Annapolis, MD 21401
Do you like this post?